Thursday, January 30, 2014

Clarins Everlasting Foundation Review

Ah...I am sitting in front of my computer not really knowing what to tell you about this foundation. I know what I think about it but I wish my thoughts were different...I purchased this a few weeks ago because I was almost out of my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (review coming soon) and I wanted to try a new long lasting foundation. I very rarely wear foundation for 15h but I still prefer foundations that claim (and succeed) to last a long time because I don't want to worry about my foundation all day, to me long lasting means less trouble...well that is as long as it is really long lasting...

I like the packaging, I like that it has a pump and that the pump distributes just the right amount of product. The bottle is pretty, but glass bottles are not the best...I don't have a really big space next to my mirror to put my makeup down while I'm applying it and I'm always afraid I'll drop the bottle and break it.

The foundation smells really nice, it smells like honeydew :) It blends nicely into the skin and does not dry too fast so you have enough time to blend it and build it up if you want. It is full coverage and it has a ticker consistency than most liquid foundations. On the box it said this has a matte, but luminous, finish. On my skin it has more of a dewy finish. It also says that its supposed to minimize imperfections and fine lines but it made my pores look really big, even if I was wearing the POREfessional under it. I tried this foundation with 3 different primers and it did not change anything. And as for the 15h hours of impeccable coverage and comfort... well no. It is comfortable all day, I don't feel the foundation on my skin but after a few hours (app. 5) the foundation kind of looks like it has melted and cracked around my nose (which has never happened to me with any foundation) and the product does not look like it has been blended evenly on my skin, it looks a bit patchy.

I was really disappointed about this product because I had read great reviews about it and it is a high end foundation...it was 41$. I hate that I paid that much money but do not want to use it...I will try it with other primers and a different powder and I really hope it will work. I can't say I don't recommend this foundation because it might work for other people ( probably people with normal to dry skin) but I really really recommend getting a sample before purchasing a high end foundation so you do not waste money.

Gabriela xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment